Saturday, 15 February 2014

Sketches

I picked the name Watorah because I picked Perth and a Warotah is a native Australian flower so I just switched the t and the r around to make the name sound better and look better in my opinion. I wanted to make this a skateboard clothing brand, but I started with the influence of the stereotypical Australian culture of surfing, beach, summer, that kind of thing. So along this idea I started with the logo being more incorporated with flowers apart of the logo.
I then moved onto a more graffiti oriented type idea for the logo, which still matched the skateboarding brand, I also wanted to make it look aboriginal in a way, as that's a style that's been drawn from a lot in modern fashion and I also think it could lead to some cool designs relating to skateboarding for the logo.
Following the aboriginal theme, I drew a couple totems with the first being more of a test and the second being more like what a final logo may look like, with the totem holding a spear and a skateboard, to reinforce the idea of the skateboard brand.
Here's the finalisation of the text, in drawn format, the O is left because I'm not sure whether that would work best as a totem or an O and have the totem as the image logo, as often, clothing/skating brands have a text based and image based logo depending on where it's being used, e.g a hoodie, skateboard trucks, or a website and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment