Monday, 3 March 2014

Logo Experimentation



With these logo's the main experimentation was the colours, the width of the borders, and use of symmetry or asymmetry. With colours I found black to be the best, utilising the negative space to make the petals individual and the letters legible, using other colours made the design too complex and also changed the focus and setting of it completely. For example using blue's made it look like a bounty bar, while in just black you don't see it like that. With the borders I liked them tapering off to begin with but  I realised for a logo they are too weak and it needs to be stronger because it needs to leave an impact on a glance and at a small scale. I started with an asymmetrical design, but after experimenting a bit with making the petals the same direction on each side I found the symmetrical designs flowed a lot better and they looked more weighty and captured your eyes better. I didn't make it completely symmetrical with the petals on each side differing slightly, this was to keep in line with the fact the W has a slant while the H is completely vertical, meaning the petals couldn't be the same and if tried just looked weird. Also this helped keep the design from feeling corporate and unified.



No comments:

Post a Comment