Above is the final design for my wall art, with some experiments below, that I liked. My idea for the design was to keep the tiki, aboriginal theme, and create something looking abstract and minimal with a spacey feel to it. A lot of designs I saw that caught my attention the most used a style where the background was a pale colour not related to the focal, main art. The main art having a central position with maybe other components to it around, but still mainly focused in the centre. I decided to go with having a totem pole with some floral designs at the base for the aboriginal, feel and then overlayed a nebula stock over this for an abstract feel.
Above is some experimentation where I tried to make the totem even more abstract with some swirling patterns going into it. I created these via typing random letters into a script font, and moving them to the edge. I felt this detracted from the readability and the simplicity of the design.
With the last one, I tried to create an abstract vine/paint drip look below the text, but also felt this detracted from the minimalistic look I wanted to achieve, although it helped with the flow of the image, the simplicity was key to want I wanted the final piece to have.



No comments:
Post a Comment